Marcianella’s land produced quality wine under the Etruscans (VI century B.C.), produces it today and will produce it forever.
Marcianella estate lies in the southern part of the province of Siena, in the township of Chiusi. Thanks to a sandy soil and a warm microclimate with higher GDD (growing degree days), the wines have silky and supple texture and the sangiovese expresses here its typical cherry bouquet. Marcianella's land is rich in nutrients as it was a marsh until the end of 1700s, when Pietro Bonci Casuccini reclaimed it together with all the Val di Chiana region. This operation boosted the economic conditions of the whole territory. As a proof of the excellence of Marcianella’s terroir, the Etruscans, the most ancient population of Tuscany, cultivated vines here from 600 B.C. The members of the noble family Bonci Casuccini, Bindi Sergardi’s ancestors, intrigued by the Etruscan artifacts, became the world’s most important collectors of Etruscan archeological finds. Amongst their students there was Lucien Bonaparte (1775-1840), brother and counselor of Napoleon. In 1865 the newborn kingdom of Italy bought the collection from the family and sent it to the museum Antonio Salinas of Palermo, Sicily as a celebration of the unification of north and south Italy. Elisabetta Bindi Sergardi and her daughter Chiara donated the remains of the collection to the archeological museum of Siena right after the end of the Second World War honoring the birth of the Republic of Italy.
The estate was settled in the beautiful township of Monteriggioni by the Bindi Sergardi family at the end of the 1400s. The villa remains the family residence to this day. Here we find the perfect terroir for a fruity and fresh expression of sangiovese.
go to page
Located in the Castelnuovo Berardenga township, the estate dates back to 1067. The soil, rich in alberese stone, is ideal for sangiovese’ s highest expression of quality.
go to page
Strada Comunale di Mocenni, 35
53019 Vagliagli (Siena)