Bindi Sergardi’s origins can be dated back to 1349.
Gentlemen, Nobles full of valor, great agriculturists, captains, and bishops, for 23 generations the family has been dedicated to wine making in Siena.
The wealth and personality of Niccoluccio Bindi allowed his son Marco to organize an army, which fought victoriously at Lucignano against the Aretines. The valor and the ability displayed by Marco on the battlefield permitted him to be elected to the government of the Republic of Siena.
We are in the last years of the fourteenth century, and the family leaves its feudal properties in Rapolano behind and moves to Siena. The Bindi are successful: Giovanni in 1430 is elected to the new government of the Signoria and acquires the status of nobility in Siena.
In the mid-1500s Captain Gerolamo Bindi marries Calidonia Sergardi. They have no children of their own, and decide to adopt Ottavio Sergardi, son of Calidonia’s brother.
Thus the surname Bindi Sergardi is born.
Over the centuries, family members have always continued to invest and dedicate their energies in the cultivation of vines and arable land.
Nicolò, 22nd generation of the family and grandson of Elisabetta Bindi Sergardi, has believed strongly in scientific research of new vine clones and in the identification of vocated soils to enlarge and improve the historic patrimony of the family. Today, Nicolò’s daughter Alessandra runs the estates of the family. Thanks to her tenacity and courage choices the winery experiences new cellar concepts at the service of quality with a production that is entwined with the authenticity and integrity of its territory.